Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Reverse Your Deadlines

I'm going to be trying something new. I have deadlines in October, December, and February (11) for articles I've promised to write. The logical thing would be to write the October article first, then the December, and then worry about the February one. Instead, I'm going to start with the article that's due in February of 2011, then go for the one in December, and only lastly write the one for October. My logic is that I don't want the deadlines to determine my rhythm of working, or slow me down. If I started now working to the October deadline, I would make it that deadline, with two articles still left to write. If I plan things right, I can finish all three by October instead.

This might not work, but at worst I will write two articles by my first deadline.

No comments: