Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, July 23, 2010

Stealth (second cycle)

I tried to reproduce my "stealth attack" mode of work on Monday, June 28. I decided that week I would write my preface. I had about 700 words and doubled that the first day, working about an hour and a half, from about 9 to 10:30 a.m. The rest of the day I just worked on some blog posts and relaxed. Eventually the metaphor of "stealth" will lose its potency and there will be no difference between a stealth attack and a normal day of work. In the meantime, I will try to exploit the verbal suggestion of the word as much as possible. I began rather late (9 rather than 7), so I lost a bit of momentum.

I've decided after my vacation (ending July 31) I will work on my courses and my sabbatical application. I have to figure out a way of making a course as good as an article. This is hard for me, because it means sustaining attention from August to December, preparing about 30 separate class meetings. I have a hard time keeping my intensity and organization for that long a stretch.

No comments: