Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 6

Today I was able to make significant progress on the preface, all but completing the summary of chapters and removing some extraneous material. My first real accomplishment of the sabbatical might be getting a very good version of this preface before moving on to complete the Lorca / kitsch / postmodernism chapter. This is probably a good idea. Not only does the preface come first, but it give me a good sense of the shape of the entire project, and give me mini-accomplishment to begin with.

I find myself observing myself as a writer as though "I" were "another." Jonathan looks at what Mayhew can do with some sense of amazement. The one who can do all this does not seem to be "me," but a kind of separate function of the self.

No comments: