Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, April 8, 2013

Thinking

A scholar has to do a lot of things. Read, write, revise, research, organize. I spend a lot of time thinking. Literally not doing anything except thinking things through, without writing anything down or talking with anyone. If a session of thinking results in a blog post, or some note-taking, that's fine too. The thought does result in writing, eventually, but in itself it is pure contemplation.

You could see how a scholar might must work by gathering materials, organizing them, writing notes, and developing them into published works. I feel the need to devote time just to thinking as well.

No comments: