Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Copyediting

Here's the thing. I dread copyediting, because it will make me look up references that are incomplete, and it will bring the book closer to publication, where it will be exposed to reviewers. There's also the idea that my next Lorca project will be better: that's the one I'm excited about, right? Who gets excited about a book that's already done?

But this book is seriously ass-kicking too.  It meant a lot of work, and has my best ideas in the period from 2009-16, or so.  I am worried about imperfections in the bibliography? Things that people will pick at? It seems deeply irrational.

And the copy-editor didn't do a thing to my style, only touched one or two sentences in the whole book of nine chapters.

No comments: