Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Emails

I'm getting a handle on the number of emails a week. Here was yesterday, for example:

Tonight at the Hall center
Graduate research symposium 
Call for teaching award
Congratulations for someone who won something 
KU today
COGA
University governance

So let's say 7 a day, for 35 a week and 560 per semester. I'm not counting emails for department business or that are addressed to me personally, only mailing list emails that go to everyone in the university or the college, etc... The university does have a legitimate duty to communicate with us about a variety of things, and each unit of the university also has communication responsibilities. Perhaps we could have "no email Friday," though? 


No comments: